Site news

Class lists 2010/2011

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Class lists 2010/2011
by Mandy Porrett - Tuesday, 13 July 2010, 10:57 AM

I am happy to be able to inform you that Class Lists for 2010/2011 can now be found on Jacqueline’s Desk for Parents.

This year we have had to rearrange classes to ensure that they are well balanced. I am confident that you will understand the need for classes to have a balance of gender, language mix and ability level. Of course, parallel classes will continue to work closely together and will be grouped across the two classes for a range of activities along with PE and Swimming. We have spent much time considering these splits, to ensure the best for each child, and hope that you will support the decisions we have made.

Class teachers are also indicated on the lists, but unfortunately Mr. Mitchell informed us yesterday that he would not be returning in September. This means that one of the Class 6 does not have a teacher at present. I have started looking for a replacement immediately and have already spoken with some positive candidates. I will ensure that we find a strong teacher to put into this position and will inform you as soon as a decision has been made. However, I do not anticipate that this will be before the middle of August at the earliest.

Mr. Mitchell is leaving us to join the British School of Antwerp, and I am sure you will join with me in wishing him the best of luck in his new ventures.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all restful and fun holidays, and will look forward to seeing you all again in September.

Happy Holidays!

Mandy Porrett