Site news

The New Year has started!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
The New Year has started!
by Mandy Porrett - Wednesday, 8 September 2010, 1:02 PM

The first three days of school have sped by!

It is great to see all of the children and their families back with us, and lovely to have new children with their families too. I hope that everybody is settling in well, and getting used to being back at school after the long summer holiday.

Please remember that tomorrow (Thursday 9th September) we have our Welcome Evening for Classes 1-7. This is to give parents the opportunity to find out how our classes work, and how we can work together to support the children in their learning. This evening is designed for parents, not for children.
For Classes 1-3 it will start at 6.00 pm and for Classes 4-7 at 6.45 pm.

Welcome Evening for Bear’s Cave and Lion’s Den will be on Tuesday 14th September at 6.00 pm.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that unfortunately Elisabeth Pompee (one of our French teachers) will not be with us for the next two months. However, I am sure you will join with me in welcoming Isabelle Henderson, who will replace her, to BEPS. Ms Henderson has already been in school planning with the French team, and will start teaching tomorrow. If you have any questions regarding this, please come and talk with me.

I also have an important date for your diaries. We have just received the date for our Winter Concert!
It will be held on the morning of Tuesday 21st December.
Please make sure that you keep this date free. The Winter Concert is an event not to be missed. All of the children will be involved in this, from Bear’s Cave through to Class 7, it will be a fantastic end to the first term.
Next week we will send you a list of other important dates for the year ahead.

The PTA are planning a small surprise in the playground straight after school next Tuesday (14th). Come along to meet them and to learn about what they do for our school, and to find out what the surprise is! It is very intriguing.

I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow evening, and to a busy and exciting year.

Best Wishes
Mandy Porrett