Site news

The rain didn’t spoil the party!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
The rain didn’t spoil the party!
by Mandy Porrett - Monday, 25 October 2010, 4:53 PM

I would like to thank everybody that attended the Halloween/Firework party on Saturday; I hope that you all enjoyed yourselves, and weren’t too frightened.
I would also like to say a huge thank you to everybody that supported the party in any way at all, but especially to those people that dedicated so many hours of their time to prepare for, and clear up after an event that the rest of us enjoyed so much. The success of the party is down to the hard work of a very small group of people, we are lucky to have them within our community. I am sure you would like to add your thanks to mine.

Watch out for photographs of the pumpkins and the party on the website, and on the screen in the entrance hall – they will appear very soon.

Any pumpkins that are still left on the steps by the front door after 9.00 am tomorrow will be disposed of, if you wish to save yours, please take it when you drop your child/ren off at school.

I would also like to remind you that the Halloween Fun Club still has spaces available. The club will run from Monday 1st – Friday 5th November from 9.00 – 15.00. It is open to children from Pre-school to Class 7. The cost is 200 Euros for a week of fun filled activities including:
Arts and Crafts
Cooking
Language Activities
Dance and Movement
Themed Party with games and
ICT.
If you would like further information regarding the club, please ask Jacqueline for a form or talk to Carlas Dias from Class 1. The club is always great fun and there are plenty of activities to keep the children busy.

Please remember that Parent/Teacher consultations are taking place this week. If you will be unable to attend your meeting for any reason please let the class teacher know as soon as possible. If you would like your child/ren to attend the garderie during your Parent/Teacher Consultation on Thursday evening, please ensure that you have registered them in advance. Thank you for your support.

The half term holiday is nearly here, and I think that we will all be ready for a rest when it arrives. We will be able to recharge our batteries so that we will be prepared for all the learning and fun that the half term leading up to the Winter Holidays will hold.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett