Site news

A new half term.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
A new half term.
by Mandy Porrett - Monday, 8 November 2010, 5:02 PM

I hope that you all had a great holiday. Welcome back to what is always a busy and exciting half term. Many things will be happening in addition to all the learning that always takes place. This will culminate with the Winter Concert on Tuesday 21st December at 10.30 am.

I would like to remind you that our PE and Swimming rota changes this week. This means that Classes 1,2 &3 will be going Swimming on Fridays until the winter holidays. It is very helpful if the children come to school wearing clothes that they can change in and out of quickly, their PE kits are very good for this. They will also need their swimming costume or ‘Speedo’ type swimming trunks (Bermuda shorts are not allowed at the pool), a towel and their BEPS Swimming cap. Children in Class 1 will be given a BEPS swimming cap, as they have not been swimming before. If your child has misplaced their BEPS swimming cap, please ask the class teacher for a replacement. The cap is an easy way for the children to be identified at the pool.
As swimming is an integral part of our curriculum all children are expected to participate in swimming lessons. The only exception to this will be if your child has a doctor’s certificate. If you do not want your child to go swimming you must come and collect them at their swimming time or send them to school after their swimming time. This is for their safety, as we do not have staff to look after your child whilst their class are swimming. If you have any questions regarding this, please ask your child’s teacher or myself. We appreciate your support in this area.

Classes 4,5,6 & 7 will have PE on Mondays and will need to wear their PE kit to school and bring a pair of PE shoes with them. They must not wear shoes that have been worn outside as it spoils the gym’s flooring.

As you already know, school is closed on Thursday (11th November). However, we will be open as usual on Friday 12th.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the school photographer will be in school on Thursday 18th November.

For security and warmth, please can you help us by closing the front door behind you when you enter or leave school. I would also like your support in ensuring that the gates at the front of school are closed whilst school is in progress. They will be closed at 9.15 and should remain closed. If you see that one has been left open, please help us ensure the children’s safety by closing it. Thank you.

Unfortunately Jacqueline will be absent for the rest of this week. I will try to answer as many questions as I can, and I apologise in advance if you try and contact school and the answer phone is on. This will mean that I am in a meeting, so please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as I can.

The cold weather is really drawing in, so please make sure that your children have warm coats, hats, gloves and scarves for playtime.

On Friday I will let you know what is happening around the school. It seems to have been a long time since I last had the opportunity to do this.

I am looking forward to seeing you over the next weeks, and to seeing the children flourish.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett