Site news

Dates for your diaries

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Dates for your diaries
by Mandy Porrett - Monday, 10 January 2011, 8:03 AM

The first few days have been exciting and busy, but unfortunately illness has also struck BEPS. Hopefully people can have a restful weekend and will be feeling better on Monday. I think then we will also have everybody back from their travels and 2011 will really be able to begin.

On Thursday (13th January) Class 2 will have the first Cake Sale of the New Year. Their teachers would like to spend the money that they raise on a special project for their new unit of Work, which is all about Day and Night. Please help them to achieve this by donating or buying a cake. As usual all cakes will cost 1 Euro. Please bring any donations to my room on Thursday morning. Thank you in advance for your support.

I would also like to remind you about some other events that will be taking place this half term. More details on all of these will follow:

Monday 10th January - PE starts for Classes 1, 2 & 3
Thursday 13th January – Class 2 Cake Sale
Friday 14th January – Swimming starts for Classes 4, 5, 6 & 7
Thursday 3rd February – International Day
Thursday 10th February – Class 3 Cake Sale
Tuesday 22nd February – Student Led Conferences (Your child will only need to be in school at their appointment time)
Tuesday 1st March – World Maths Day
Tuesday 1st March – Optional Parent/Teacher Consultations following Student Led Conferences
Thursday 3rd March – Book Fair & World Book Day
Monday 7th – Friday 11th March – Half Term holiday

Next week I will let you know what each Class is working on, I know that the children are keen to start their new Units of Work if they haven't already done so.

Enjoy the weekend.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett