Site news

The end of another week.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
The end of another week.
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 21 January 2011, 6:51 PM

I have been happy to have been back in the classroom again, and have enjoyed working with 5D for the last couple of days. They have really helped me develop my understanding of volcanoes and earthquakes. I know that all the other classes have been very busy again and will update you on their progress next week.

Earlier this week you should have received a letter telling you that our annual International Day will take place on Thursday 3rd February.
On this day we will be celebrating the international nature of our school by dancing and cooking our way around the world. In order to make this an exciting and educational day for the children we would appreciate any help that you could give us.
We are still looking for volunteers that would be willing to come into school and share their knowledge, experience and skills with the children. This would involve teaching a dance or some dance steps or preparing some food (which does not require the use of an oven) from your home country with a group of children. The groups will be mixed ages from Class 1 to Class 7.

If you are willing to come and help in any way, please return your reply slip from the letter or speak to Ms. Dias or Ms. Higueras, who are organising this very special day. We would like to have as many adults as possible in school on that day, and would appreciate your support. We will also be having an international lunch and will be asking for donations of food from your home country for this.
Thank you in advance for your support. By working together we can make this a fantastic day for everyone.

Next week you will be receiving your appointment times for our annual Student Led Conferences. These will be taking place on Tuesday 22nd February, and as you know your child(ren) will only need to be in school for their appointment day. This is another very special day at BEPS where your children will show you how they learn and celebrate their learning with you.

If you have any questions about either of these forthcoming events, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have an enjoyable weekend.

Mandy Porrett