Site news

Tomorrow is International Day

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Tomorrow is International Day
by Mandy Porrett - Wednesday, 2 February 2011, 2:14 PM

I am sure that you don’t need reminding that tomorrow is International Day. The children have already been telling me what they are going to wear and what they will be bringing for their contribution towards their class lunch. As usual there is lots of excitement about this special day.

To help us ensure the day runs smoothly please send your child(ren) with a snack that all wrapping can be disposed of and without their school bags. They will also need to bring a plate of food from their home country towards their class international lunch. It will be very helpful if this is either finger food or is something that is easily served.

Children from Classes 1 – 7 will be eating their lunch at 13.30, if you would like to join them or can help their teacher prepare the classroom beforehand please do so. The children will be having a break at 12.55 – 13.30 to give teachers the opportunity to prepare the lunch.

We are very happy to have this opportunity to celebrate the fact that our school has almost the whole world in it! With your support we have been able to ensure that dancing and cooking will be happening across the school.Thank you.

Please join us if you possibly can.

I look forward to seeing you.

Mandy Porrett