Site news

We had a fantastic day!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
We had a fantastic day!
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 4 February 2011, 4:23 PM

Thank you to everybody that contributed to our International Day. The children loved all of the dancing and cooking activities and thoroughly enjoyed their International Lunch. Thank you for sending in your contributions of food, it was all very tasty indeed. Even though everybody ate far more than they needed (myself included) there was still lots left over, which was why we sent some back home to you. There are already some photographs of lunchtime on the website, and I know that there are many more of the activities which will be added next week. I am sure that the children are not going to forget the day very soon and have been dancing in the playground today. We are already looking forward to our next International Day, which will come around more quickly than we can imagine.

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to a new member of our team. Luc Collignon our new handyman joined us on Tuesday. I am sure you will be as happy as we are to welcome him. He will be in school each day and has already been very busy. I am sure that you will have noticed that the bin area at the back of the school is in need of reorganisation. We will be having a container delivered during half term so that this area can be completely cleared. After the holiday that area will be back in use again.

Class 3 have their Cake sale next Thursday (10th February). I know that they will be very happy with any donations of cakes and cookies that you can send in for them to sell. As usual the cakes will be on sale in the playground at the end of the day and will cost 1 Euro each. The money that they make will be used towards a theatre trip for their next Unit of Work. Thank you in advance for your support.

If you have not already returned your Student Led Conference forms please do so as soon as possible. This is our next school wide event and the children will now be preparing for this special day.

I hope that you have a good weekend. See you all next week.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett