Site news

One more week until Half Term.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
One more week until Half Term.
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 25 February 2011, 5:40 PM

Thank you to everybody that attended the Student Led Conferences earlier this week. I hope that you enjoyed them as much as the children enjoyed preparing for them and participating in them. They are always excited to be able to share their learning with you, particularly when they are leading the way. I am sure that you would like to join with me in thanking the children and their teachers for making this a great experience.
Those of you that requested Parent/Teacher Consultations for Tuesday 1st March should receive your appointment times today.

The excitement continues next week.

It’s World Maths Day on Tuesday and so lots of Maths will be happening across the school. Many children are already logging in to the World Maths website to practice their skills. World Book Day follows on Thursday 3rd March. The Book Fair will be in school on that day, and so your children may like to bring some money to spend. It will be open all day, and the children will visit it with their teachers. Please come along to look at the books too. As usual we will benefit from the books that you buy, and will be able to update our library shelves. We would like to see as many of the children as possible wearing their pyjamas to school on World Book Day. We will be having bedtime reading times and so pyjamas will need to be worn! At the end of the day there will be even more fun as Class 4 will be having their Cake Sale. They will be using the money that they raise to fund a day trip later in the year. Please help them to do this by donating cakes or cookies, and by bringing your Euro coins to spend in the playground at the end of the day. Thank you for your support.
There is also going to be a PTA Meeting at 14.00. This will be held in my room, as usual everybody is welcome.It is certainly going to be a very busy day.

Ms. Ford led a musical Upper School Assembly today. Classes 4 & 5 sang (and danced) for us and then the choir demonstrated their talents. Class 3 were invited to join the assembly, as they will be able to join the choir next year. Wiley and Jasmine from 6H also sang and danced in a very professional manner. It was all great fun and showed how hard the children work during their Music lessons. Thank you and well done to everyone that was involved, I am already looking forward to the next music assembly.

There are still some spaces available at the BEPS Carnival Fun Club. It will run from Monday 7th – Friday 11th March between 09:00 and 15:00 and costs 200 Euros for the week. As usual there will be a range of fun activities including Arts and Crafts, Cooking and Dance and Movement. If you are interested in the Fun Club please speak to Jessica Hamelin, or ask Jacqueline or myself for an application form.

It has been a busy week, and I am looking forward to a lie in tomorrow morning. I hope that you can have one too!

Best Wishes,

Mandy Porrett