Site news

Thank you for your fantastic support. Information about a Children’s workshop. PTA Meeting.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Thank you for your fantastic support. Information about a Children’s workshop. PTA Meeting.
by Mandy Porrett - Monday, 28 March 2011, 9:43 AM

It is with great pleasure that I am able to thank you on behalf of the BEPS Japanese community for the fantastic support you gave their Tsunami Fund raising event. As a result of your generosity they have raised the grand total of 1,337 Euros. Once again we have shown how closely knit our community is and how much we want to support each other. This money will be sent to the Red Cross for the Tsunami Relief Fund. Thank you to everybody that was involved in any way at all.

There are some plates and containers in my room, and so if you are missing one that you sent in it could be here.

I am sure that your child(ren) told you about seeing the Classic Fairytale Company’s performance yesterday. I have heard them talking about it today, and they and the staff were very impressed with what they saw. I would like to take the opportunity to thank the PTA for funding this event for the children. I was very sorry to have missed this and the fund raising, but I was attending a course. It is a pity if I have to miss the fun events.

The PTA are having a meeting on Monday (28th March) to discuss preparations for the Summer Fair. This will be at 15.45 in my room.

There will be a free Garderie service for the children of any parents that attend the meeting, but this service must be signed up for in advance. If you would like to attend the meeting and would like to use the Garderie please call the Garderie telephone 0496 20 65 40. Thank you in advance for your support.

As you already know we have many talented children in our school, but also many talented parents. One of these is Jonas and Elena’s Dad. Gabriel Kuri is involved in the following event and would be happy to see BEPS children involved in it too.

Children’s workshop at Wiels during PA/PER VIEW on Saturday 2nd April 2011. Reinventing the artists book with Michel Francois, Kendell Geers, Katerina Gregos, Gabriel Kuri, Els Opsome. The basic idea is that fifteen given artists/writers/individuals who have made a book will take one of their existing books as a starting point for the recreation of another. The bookmakers/authors will decide how to engage with 4-5 children aged 6-10 years of age, in order to transform and rethink a publication into one of their own. This process might involve tearing it apart, painting or writing over it, mixing it with another publication, shuffling the order of pages, etc. It is entirely up to the author to reflect upon the modus to follow in order to recreate his/her publication. The children will then take this remade book home as a “reward”. Length : 1hour Price : 10€ For more information & reservations visit: kids@wiels.org

It is great to see the blossom blooming and the sun shining, I hope that this is here to stay. Let’s try to make the most of it while we can.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett