Site news

The last week of the year is almost here.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
The last week of the year is almost here.
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 24 June 2011, 5:10 PM

The Class 5 children have returned safely and brought their teachers back with them, which is always a good thing. I know that you will join with me in thanking Ms. Hope & Ms. Stone for all the dedication and care that they gave your children during the week. I am sure that everybody will be sleeping well tonight.

Thank you very much for supporting the Book Fair yesterday. Once again as a result of your love of books and reading we were able to purchase new books for the library. These will all be added in readiness for the new school year.

It is hard to believe that next week is the last week of the school year. Now that the end of year reports have been sent home it is starting to feel as though the end is definitely in sight. I hope that you will find the information in the reports useful. The teachers spend lots of time and thought in preparing these and I hope that you feel it reflects your child and their learning. If you have any questions about the reports, please talk to your child’s teacher or to me. I would like to thank the teachers for their work and for the professional results they have achieved.

Next week will be busy. It will be Sports Day for Pre-school on Monday, they were meant to hold it on Wednesday but had to postpone it due to the bad weather. Let's hope they will luckier this time.

On Tuesday it will be Sports Day for Classes 1-7. You should have received a letter about this yesterday, explaining that your child(ren) will need to wear sports clothes and shoes. Teachers will be informing you about the colour of the T-shirt that they will need to wear, as it will be their house colour. We have not ordered hot lunches for that day as we will all bring packed lunches and eat them in the Bois. Please come and join us for the fun if you can. The children will also need their snack, sun hat and sun cream and plenty of water to drink. We are hoping for a lovely sunny day!

On Thursday, the last day of term we will be holding our End of Year Assembly. This will be the time to say Goodbye to the people that will be leaving BEPS. It will start at 11:00 am, and if the weather is good will be in the garden. Once again, please join us if you can.

Rest well this weekend and be prepared for some fun next week.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett